Saturday, May 31, 2008

General Ramblings

I don't have much to say today as I am quite busy getting ready to head down to Coral Gables for Miami-Missouri. It should be a great game, but I wish Mizzou ace Aaron Crow was on the hill today. Oh well, more will be said about Crow and other 2008 prospects in the 1st edition of my MLB Mock Draft on Thursday morning. Here are my rapid thoughts on sports and more.

1. I am really happy Sameer Mishra took home the Scripps National Spelling Bee. He was the kind of kid that actually flashed a little personality during the bee and how could you root against a kid who actually thought he was given the work numbnut to spell.



2. I think this weekend series with the Phillies could be the end of the Marlins great run. It feels to me with the Fish already knocked out of first last night the only way is down. The Rays however just continue to deflect possible slumps and obstacles and after last night it looks like Cliff Floyd may have found his stroke.

3. Lakers-Celtics Wow this matchup gives all you NBA conspiracy theorists plenty of amo, so fire away. Personally, my interest has waned in and out of hoops this year, but these finals are a league and network dream and I will be captivated. Kobe Bryant is at another level right now and I don't think anyone can argue that, at this time, he is the best basketballer on the planet.

4. I am really getting tired of all the talk on whether we should count the Michigan and Florida democratic primary delegates, and I am a Florida voter. In the end, the difference it will make is push things a little closer and increase party devisiveness with six months to a general election.That is all for today.

I will be back with thoughts on the Coral Gables regional, EliteXC, and Stanley Cup Game 4 tommorow. For now, I leave my UCF freinds with a poll on a question I have been pondering. Who would you like to see as the next head baseball coach of the Knights.


Who would you like to see as UCF's new head baseball coach

Craig Cozart
Jeff Johnson
Rod Delmonico
Pat McMahon
Frank Viola
Raymond Laval
Other


(View Results)

Create a Poll

No comments: