Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fireworks forseeing the Future


Tonight, I watched the various displays that light up the night skies of the 4th every year over my Pompano, Fl home. They made me wonder where I would be watching similar displays in the years to come. I pondered my personal future, the future of our country, and the future of my friends. Pouring over all of this, the fireworks gave me a great sense of comfort and order. After all, I believe, no matter what, those fireworks will always be there on the 4th. Big and small, every shape and every color, and with every sound such explosives have been known to make, they like us and our country, shall press on. In that case, if the fireworks remain in the sky, we should never fail. The big fireworks are big dreams which continue to be fulfilled everyday. The small fireworks are small dreams, equally satisfying to the dreamer and sometimes carrying a greater impact for societal well being. For the fireworks that split off in every direction like a branched tree, they represent the ability of one to touch many. The fireworks that stick together in one solid burst portray the ability of one to strongly affect one. The loud thud of some reveals the power of one to stand alone in the spotlight for change, for freedom, and for philanthropy. The short scream of others shows the grassroots efforts for good that are possible. America, as we know it, is built upon the fabric of all of these fireworks. Francis Scott Key said, "He will therefore seek to establish for his country in the eyes of the world, such a character as shall make her not unworthy of the name of a nation." I wish this for myself, all I know and hold dear, and all Americans. I believe if we continue on the road in which Key described, we will always see fireworks in the night sky. The sign of illumination every first week in July will signify that we, as Americans, kept our freedoms, our virtues, and our pride in the previous years' time. I know that wherever I watch fireworks in the future, I will be in a good place. I know that because I plan to always value the worth of being an American.

No comments: